Using Important Mac Keyboard Shortcuts
Sometimes it would be better to prefer keyboard to mouse, as it saves a lot of time. Here is the list of most common “time-savers” for Mac OS.
• Command+O – open a window
• Command+P – print the document
• Command+A – select all items
• Command+Z – undo the action
• Command+S – save your work
• Shift+Command+S = Save As
• Command+W – close the open window
• Alt+Command+W – close all open windows
• Command+J – make the icons larger (works when the Finder is open)
• Command+Q – quit the program
• Command+C – copy
• Command+V – paste
• Command+X – cut
However, each app on your Mac has specific shortcuts. As a rule, you can see them near the menu item
- How to Right Click on a Macbook
You might not carry your Mighty Mouse everywhere you go. Therefore learning how to right click using the keyboard can help you a lot of time. Ment...
- Choose the Apps to Open Your Files With
When you download new apps, they often incorporate themselves into the Open with list of specific files, and are even set as default. But what if ...
- Leave Mouse and Gain Speed on Your Mac
There are many reasons why power users work faster on their Macs. And since your fingers are almost always on the keyboard, taking them off to cont...
- Keep Track of Renamed Folders in Finder
When you create a new folder in Finder's List View, it would be automatically named Untitled Folder and placed in the list in alphabetical order. ...
- Import or Export Bookmarks from and to Safari
If you use several browsers, you may want to share your bookmarks between them. Fortunately, Mac OS actively supports the drag-and-drop feature; t...
- Let your Mac Read Aloud to You
Did you know that in Mac OS you can not only read the text but also listen to it? It can come in very handy if you have to go through an important...