Use Photo Booth to Create a Buddy Picture
Got a built-in iSight camera? Then take advantage of the Photo Booth app and create an instant photo of yourself that can be easily turned into a Buddy Picture for iChat. All you have to do is:
1. Select the type of a photo you’d like to take, look straight into the camera and click the Camera button.
2. Select the photo thumbnail you’d like to set as a Buddy Picture.
3. Click the Buddy Picture icon.
4. Open iChat. The photo you’ve chosen will appear as your Buddy Picture.
5. If needed, resize it, and click Set.
- Choose the Apps to Open Your Files With
When you download new apps, they often incorporate themselves into the Open with list of specific files, and are even set as default. But what if ...
- Use Quick Look to Preview Files
Let's say you want to find your childhood picture in a folder where lots of your photos are stored. It would be quite a tough task, just as lookin...
- Use Folder Action to Rename your Files
Some file names are automatically changed when arriving at your Mac. A good example is an email attachment – some mail clients add an .html extens...
- Configuring your Mac Mail Client
To configure your Mac Mail client you'll need to follow a sequence of easy steps and specify the following parameters:• Full Name. Your identifier...
- Browse Command History in Terminal
In Terminal, you can view all commands you ever executed by using the Up and Down Arrow keys. You can also search the history by pressing the Cont...
- Turn your Photos into Custom Icons
Want to create a nice icon from a photo you've taken, or even from a photo of yourself? Then do the following:1. In iPhoto, select the pic you'd l...