Edit: After half day, my wife’s Mac started having the same problem. I have then applied the solution that I found in the Apple
Temporarily Cleaning Up Space On iDevices
Storing iOS applications on your Mac system is a great way to clear some unused space if you wish to store some movies or music on your iDevice. It could be a great idea if you want to go on a trip. Apart from that, it also allows you to try out various apps on a single screen of folders and icons.
You just have to sync your device with iTunes and you can erase the unwanted applications from the device- at least for some time to get extra space.
And the next moment you sync you device, those apps would appear again on the iDevice, and you can use them. This goes for all apps- even your saved games.
Here is how to do it:
1. Plug in the iDevice to Mac. iTunes will open automatically. In case it doesn’t, open it manually.
2. Your iPad, iPod Touch or iPhone will show on the left bar of iTunes. There will be an icon for it. Click on the icon.
3. You will see a tab named ‘Apps’ on the top. Click on it.
4. Make sure that ‘Sync Apps’ is checked. Now click on ‘Sync’ button given at the lower right corner. By doing this, all your new apps on iDevices will be transferred to your Mac system.
5. Once you have synced the device, disconnect it and take off the apps you do not want. To do so, place your finger on the icon of an app till the app icons begin shaking. Then you can remove them by clicking on the ‘x’ button on the icon. After you have deleted the icons, click on the home button, and icons will stop shaking.
There are also some easier ways to handle apps, so why would you follow this method? Because if you want the applications to be back, you only have to plug the iDevice into Mac and sync it. And when you want them, things will be back to normal in a jiffy.
So, proud owners of iDevices, what do you do when you want to clean up the device and make some room? And how exactly do you do it? Send us your comments.
Tricks & Tips