Edit: After half day, my wife’s Mac started having the same problem. I have then applied the solution that I found in the Apple
Mac’s Latest News
Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update Preps for Lion
“With the sound of Mac OS X 107 Lion roaring in the distance, Apple has released Mac OS X 10.6.8 Update. The update addresses some bugs, improves some networking features, provides additional security improvements and paves the way for the release of Lion next month”.
“On the networking front, the update improves VPN reliability, and, especially important given the imminent exhaustion of the IPv4 address pool, it provides improved support for the new Internet protocol, IPv6. Although it’s not mentioned anywhere, Contributing Editor Mark Anbinder tells us that 10.6.8 also resolves a significant problem related to compatibility with Microsoft Exchange Server 2010…
“For those disconcerted by the front issues introduced in 10.6.7 and who might have skipped the last update and stayed with 10.6.6 as a result (see ‘Apple Releases Snow Leopard Font Update,’ 26 April 2001, for more about these issues), the 10.6.8 update includes all of the fixes provided in the subsequent Mac OS X v 10.6.7 Snow Leopard Font Update.
“The most tantalizing feature of 10.6.8, however, is the first one that Apple mentions in its support document: ‘Enhancements to the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion.’”
Mac OS X v 10.6.8 Update
PR: The Mac OS X v 10.6.8 Update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhances the stability, compatibility and security of your Mac.
Products Affected: Mac OS X 10.6
Updating Your System
- You should back up your system before installation; you can use Time Machine.
- Do not interrupt the installation process once you have started to update your system. You may experience unexpected results if you have third-party system software modifications instead, or if you have modified the operating system through other means.
- Choose Software Update from the Apple menu to check the latest Apple software via the Internet, including this update.
- If your computer is not up-to-date, other software updates available for your computer may appear which you should install. When Software Update states “Your software is up to date,” you can be sure that all available updates have been installed.
- Note that an update’s size may vary from computer-to-computer when installed using Software Update. Also, some updates must be installed prior to others, so you should run Software Update more than once to make sure you have all available updates.
- You can manually download all the update installer. This is a useful option when you need to update multiple computers but only want to download the update once. These versions of the standalone installer are available from Apple Support Downloads.
- Enhancements to the Mac App Store to get your Mac ready to upgrade to Mac OS X Lion.
- Resolves an issue that may cause Preview to unexpectedly quit.
- Improves support for IPv6.
- Improves VPN reliability.
- Indentifies and removes known variants of MAC Defender malware.
Mac OS X v 10.6.8 also includes fixes provided in the Mac OS X v 10.6.7 Snow Leopard Font Update:
- Addresses an issue in which some OpenType fonts don’t display correctly in certain applications.
- Resolves issues printing from Preview.
- Addresses an issue with PDF files not opening in third-party PDF viewing applications.
- Resolves invalid font errors when printing to PostScript printers.
News and Articles