Edit: After half day, my wife’s Mac started having the same problem. I have then applied the solution that I found in the Apple
Mac OS X 10.8 – Areas That Needs To Be Fixed
The release date of the new version of the Mac operating systems has not yet been announced but if the pattern of previous releases continues it is most probable that the latest Mac model will hit the markets in the summer of 2013. Moreover, the name of the new entrant is also not revealed yet so, the present situation is quite vague. For this reason, it is probable that Apple might not introduce the OS X 10.8 instead there are plans to jump directly to the Mac OS X 11.0 or there are rumors that the iOS devices and Mac systems strategies will be merged into a big digital ball which will be named as iOS 6 – “the mergening”. After viewing the performance of the OS X Lion, it is time to speak out what is expected from its successor. The list is as follows.
- Color: It seems like that the creators of the Mac Os X Lion were too much inspired by the classical movies of previous times, which is the major reason why the colors of the 10.7 version are mostly Grey. Whether it may be toolbars, scrollbars, windows or sidebar icons, each and every thing is colored Grey. For this purpose, the next model requires a bit of color so as to make it alive.
- · Less skeuomorphic design: The iPad device runs on an skeuomorphic design which is a software that emulates the sounds and visuals of the real world objects is more forgivable, but, the Mac system does not hold a leather-bound iCal with torn paper neither the hassle of the Address Book. Moreover, the design looks out of place and worse as compared to the sleek, and excellently performed Mail. The Mac OS X 10.8 version should work on this aspect.
- · Configurable LaunchPad: An application that might have been attached with the Mac OS X Lion is a System Preferences pane that can be used by any user in order to manage the LaunchPad, it adds automatically in order to remove all the crud in the system. Although, there are various third-party applications for this purpose but, the Apple Mac should include such controls in its brand. Moreover, if you accidentally deleted the Mac App Store application from the LaunchPad and the entire setup is trashed.
- · Adaptive and tiled full-screen modes: A Full-screen view is works greatly on the Apple MacBook Air, but, it is not compatible with the iMac model. If you use it on an iMac, you will end up in the scattering of the apps, narrowing down of view areas that have lots of space at both the sides and long lines of text. A solution of this is to create a more adaptive design which has the ability to make a much better use of the wider screen such as the one offered in Safari mock-ups. Moreover, the advanced users tile apps in full screen so that you have iCal and Mail side-by-side with less distractions.
- · Retina-style display support: The fine display of the iPhone 4 has spoiled the habits of most of the people. In this context, the Apple Mac should definitely work hard on the pixels and resolutions at the point where the OS X requires to happily settling down things, iOS Style, along with the “Retina” and “standard” images. The concept of Retina here means the doubling of pixels in the resolution center.
- · Window snapping: Since, the popularity of the GUIs, Microsoft Windows and Apple Mac systems have nicked each others ideas and it is hoped that the Windows & 7’s Snap to idea might be incorporated in the Mac OS. Again, a number of applications are available for snapping the window to half of the width of the screen, but, if the feature comes in-built, it will be preferred more.
- · More iOS pilfering: iOS users are happily treated on the MacApp Store and many from these also performs great on the Mac system. The newer model should have the ability to incorporate more and more iOS apps in it.
- Better speech: The OS X Lion has a speech recognition feature in it which should further be enhanced. If the feature is as such that you simply jabber in front of it and it performs all the commands received, it would turn out to be a great point in terms of usability and accessibility for its users.