Edit: After half day, my wife’s Mac started having the same problem. I have then applied the solution that I found in the Apple
How to Clean Your System for a Faster Unit
All people want with their computers is to have it working fast, without hitches. It is disturbing, and albeit irritating, to work with a Mac computer that has download problems. A computer with problems on speed defeats a computer’s purpose. If you are one of those who ask, “How do I clean up my Mac?”, and if you are looking for ways to clean up your Mac, then listen up.
Mac clean up can be done in a lot of ways. To clean Mac, just choose among different software programs to ensure a speed and clutter-free unit.
1. CleanMyMac is a software utility that allows you to keep your Mac fresh, clean, and fast. Using this application, one can delete useless, nonessential data that has been lingering in your folders for too long. These old files may hog your valuable disk space, making it possible for system lags or speed problems. CleanMyMac also offers different features like Quick Erase, uninstallation of applications, slim down Universal Binaries, and fully erase trash that had been left from your buried applications.
2. Cocktail is another general purpose utility that you can use on your Mac OS X. It is a Mac cleaner that also has practical features that would simplify advanced UNIX functions. It would also help you repair, optimize and tidy up your system in no time. Cocktail automatically checks the Self Monitoring, Analysis and Reporting Technology status of your disks. This way, your disks will be updated. Cocktail also sets backup interval and modify some of your Time Machine settings. It makes sure you have backup and you lessen the chances of chaos over a lost file or application.
3. MacCleanse is a David in the Mac world. It is just a small application that safely erases histories, logs, cookies and caches, among others. It is safe to use, and furthermore, it allows you to keep track of your activities in your system, set locations for your deleted files, and save configurations of cleansed items, for possible future use. Mac clean up has never been this safe and easy.
4. Applications can be amusing in the beginning. You download them, use them for a while. But after using them, users sometimes forget to erase these applications from the system even when they are not important anymore. So they stay in your disk, hogging, again, valuable disk space. To clean up Mac applications, you can use CleanApp application. It completely erases applications from your hard disk. It can even delete Language Packages and other applications. Be careful with this application though. Look at the files you are about to delete, you just might include that final class paper that is due tomorrow.
5. To clean my Mac, MacKeeper is a keeper, pun intended. MacKeeper is a software utility program that allows users to secure your system from Malware. In addition, it also allows users to back up, restore and encrypt files, and yes, it can retrieve deleted files. What many find amazing with MacKeeper is that when you allow it to repair your system, it focuses on the task that you gave it. It does not alter your system files or applications. This is to ensure that if and when you decide to get professional help to settle your computer dilemma, your files are intact. Also the technician will not find it hard to locate those lost or deleted files. Thus, it has become the staple of a lot of Mac users who would like to make sure of their files’ safety. Another feature that the MacKeeper has is that it allows you to put passwords on some of your folders or applications, so the next time your little brother or your friend fiddle with your computer, your files will still be safe.
Keeping your computer system clean will ensure a fast, speedy search the next time you use your unit. So, find the application that is right for you, and download it, today.