Edit: After half day, my wife’s Mac started having the same problem. I have then applied the solution that I found in the Apple
Choose the Apps to Open Your Files With
When you download new apps, they often incorporate themselves into the Open with list of specific files, and are even set as default. But what if you don’t want to open your pictures with Adobe Photoshop and want to use Preview instead, as it’s simpler and takes less time to load? Then you should modify the settings of the Open with list. There are two ways to do it:
1. Right-click the file and select Get Info.
2. Expand the Open with section of the window that appears.
3. Select the app you want to open such files with.
4. Click the Change All button.
1. Right-click the file and select Open with, Other.
2. Enable either the apps recommended for this file, or all available apps using the Enable drop-down menu.
3. Select the preferred app from the apps list and enable the Always Open With option.
If you want to open a file with a different app just once, you can select this app from the Open with list without making any additional settings. Or just drag your file onto the icon of the app with which you want to open the file.