Edit: After half day, my wife’s Mac started having the same problem. I have then applied the solution that I found in the Apple
Apple Updates Leopard and AppleTV
Apple have released update 10.6.2 for Snow Leopard fixing the now infamous guest account bug. The guest account bug resulted in Snow Leopard users who logged in and out of their computer’s guest account having all their data deleted from their main user account.
The update is recommended for all users running Mac OS X Snow Leopard and includes general operating system fixes that enhance the stability, compatibility, and security of your Mac, including fixes for:
- an issue that might cause your system to logout unexpectedly
- a graphics distortion in Safari Top Sites
- Spotlight search results not showing Exchange contacts
- a problem that prevented authenticating as an administrative user
- issues when using NTFS and WebDAV file servers
- the reliability of menu extras
- an issue with the 4-finger swipe gesture
- an issue that causes Mail to quit unexpectedly when setting up an Exchange server
- Address Book becoming unresponsive when editing
- a problem adding images to contacts in Address Book
- an issue that prevented opening files downloaded from the Internet
- Safari plug-in reliability
- general reliability improvements for iWork, iLife, Aperture, Final Cut Studio, MobileMe, and iDisk
- an issue that caused data to be deleted when using a guest account
Apple have also released an “essential” update to their AppleTV device that fixes data being deleted on syncing with the latest version of iTunes.
If you’ve installed the Apple TV 3.0 software update, you should immediately update to version 3.0.1. This prevents content from temporarily disappearing until it is resynced.
To Install the Update :
1. Reboot your Apple TV (unplug the power cord and plug it back in)
2. Select Settings > General from the main menu
3. Select Update Software
4. Select Download and Install
Note: Your Apple TV will conduct a restart, which is followed by the Apple logo and a status bar.
News and Articles