Edit: After half day, my wife’s Mac started having the same problem. I have then applied the solution that I found in the Apple
Android vs. iPhone vs. Windows Phone: Pick Your smartphone OS
With the opening of the deals of Black Friday and Cyber Monday, the time to buy new smartphones for yourself or for your loved ones has arrived. There are some excellent phone deals in the market, but only if you have planned to replace your set before the expiration on the contract, there are some points to be considered before reaching any decision.
If there is a situation where you are looking for a very basic guidance program such as which operating system will be the best for you. Is the iPhone4S is a good option or the Android smartphone will shine away? What will be circumstances in buying a Windows Phone? In order to help you out of the situation, a brief review related to iPhone, Android and BlackBerry is provided as follows.
iPhone 4S in a nutshell
- Operates on Apple’s iOS 5 operating systems.
- Has been made available on three storage sizes: 16GB, 32GB and 64GB.
- Key characteristics include an excellent 8 megapixel camera, front facing camera and a colorful Siri voice assistant.
- Very easy compatibility level with iTunes, Apple ecosystems and other related Apple products.
- Provides network on three carriers: the AT&T, Sprint and Verizon.
- Form factor: One 3.5 inch screen.
- Interface: It is very approachable but cannot be customized. Includes several hidden features.
- Next model: iPhone 5 of which the release date is unknown but, is speculated in the summer of 2012.
Android phones in a nutshell
- It is a mobile operating system of Google.
- It includes all capabilities ranging from your budget to the super premium quality.
- Form factor: Is made available on all carriers, sizes and shapes.
- Interface: The interface is dependable on the manufacturer but includes a small learning curve for some of the features.
- Not all the smartphones of Android are manufactured in equal capability. Some of them have good screens, excellent cameras while others don’t.
- It is in complete compatibility with all the services of Google such as Google music and other Android based devices.
- Key specifications: Voice navigation with the feature of turn-by-turn directions free of cost, quite customizable and voice actions.
- Next release of operating systems includes Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich. It will be released with Nexus Galaxy which will be launched into existing handsets to get started in the early days of 2012.
- The next smartphone release is the Samsung Galaxy Nexus phone. the release date of the Verizon is unknown but is expected to be in December.
Windows Phone in a nutshell
- It is the mobile operating system of Microsoft.
- The biggest selection is captured by AT&T.
- Form factor: Available on all shapes, sizes and carriers.
- Key features: In-built barcode-scanning along with music identification, clear interface, voice actions, Xbox live integration.
- Interface: Quite straightforward along with some hidden capabilities.
- All capabilities: Solid performers and are mostly midrange. the product has a camera of a minimal level of 5 megapixels.
- Easiest compatibility with Xbox Live, Zune, SkyDrive online storage and services of Microsoft such as Microsoft office.
- The next operating system release is Unknown Version 7.5 Mango which has been launched in September.
- The latest phone release includes Nokia Lumia 800 or the same for markets of US and is expected to release in January.
Battery life being one of the biggest issues, the question is that whether any other operating systems seems to handle the situation better than its competitors? If so, which one and why?
How does an operating system handles the resources of operating systems is an essential part of the equation but, the issues pertaining to the hardware as well as the battery of the smartphones are also a major key factor. according to reports, the Android smartphone drains out more battery than the iPhones. the reason is that there are so much variance in various hardware specifications and manufacturers. On the other side, that the recently released iPhone 4S also has a shorter battery life than many of the Android smartphones as well.
the actual question is that whether the phone will last for a day or it will require to be charged. for this issue, there is good news that the companies are planning to redesign the lithium ion battery which not only charges faster but also maintains it for a longer time.
iPhone, iPad, iPod